Reports to: Executive Director
About the Kingston City Land Bank
Founded in 2018, the Kingston City Land Bank, Inc. (KCLB) is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Kingston, NY. The mission of the KCLB is to foster an equitable community where vacant or distressed properties are transformed into community assets that improve the quality of life for Kingston residents, stabilize and enhance neighborhoods, and create new pathways for social and economic development. The KCLB is charged with streamlining and facilitating the processes by which vacant, abandoned, and underutilized properties can be returned to productive use.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the KCLB shall assist the Executive Director in carrying out the Corporation’s purposes and fulfillment of the Corporation’s public purposes. The CFO is responsible for the timely payment of all vendors and accounting for such payments, in accordance with approved budgets, contracts and grant agreements.
This position is a temp-to-hire role and applicants should submit a monthly consulting services proposal.
- Maintain the books and accounts of the Corporation
- Co-signing financial instruments and checks
- Perform all other duties customarily incident to the office of a chief financial Officer of a public benefit corporation and public authority of the State of New York
- Shall prepare and distribute all annual reports required by the PAAA and as may otherwise be required by the Office of the Comptroller of the State of New York
- Shall assist the Executive Director and Chair in preparing the annual budget of the Corporation for submission to the Board for approval and distribute all copies of the annual budget of the Corporation for submission to the Board for approval and distribute all copies of the annual budget of the Corporation to all persons required by the PAAA
- Shall assist the Audit Committee of the Board in carrying out theft prevention functions; and
- Shall be the Contracting Officer of the Corporation for the disposition of real and personal property in accordance with the provisions of the PAAA
- Shall prepare and submit all reporting required by the New York State Authorities Budget Office
- Such other duties as from time to time may be assigned
This position requires a flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented person with significant experience managing the accounting and financial reporting on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- detail‐oriented ability to proactively work both independently and collaboratively as part of a larger team
- ability to multitask efficiently with a task‐oriented focus while maintaining a professional, customer‐oriented and collegial attitude
- proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous initiatives on time and budget
Interested candidates should submit apply online using the form below.
The KCLB is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate or promote on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship status religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical handicap, veteran, or marital status. Women and persons of color are encouraged to apply.