Reports to: Executive Director
About the Kingston City Land Bank
Founded in 2018, the Kingston City Land Bank, Inc. (KCLB) is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Kingston, NY. The mission of the KCLB is to foster an equitable community where vacant or distressed properties are transformed into community assets that improve the quality of life for Kingston residents, stabilize and enhance neighborhoods, and create new pathways for social and economic development. The KCLB is charged with streamlining and facilitating the processes by which vacant, abandoned, and underutilized properties can be returned to productive use.
The Construction Project Manager (CPM) will work closely with and assist the Executive Director to coordinate, integrate and support all activities related to the design, construction or renovation of homes for which the KCLB is the General Contractor or subcontracts out to others. The CPM is also responsible for predicting and addressing issues to ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on time and on budget. Primary responsibilities include the design and construction administration of all phases of work including preconstruction, procurement, design coordination, scope, schedule, budget, project execution including requisitions and project closeout including post-construction administration.
This position is a temp-to-hire role and applicants should submit a monthly consulting services proposal.
- conduct procurement of external project team members and contractors, including drafting and issuing Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) including detailed scopes of work, leveling proposals and recommending awards, notifying consultants when work is awarded and directing them to proceed in a timely manner that will lead to agreed-upon metrics for project success
- assess subcontractor change orders and work with Senior Account Clerk or CFO to ensure requests for payment are processed in a timely manner
- work with Senior Account Clerk or CFO to prepare, revise and maintain development and requisition budgets of projects under construction, including a detailed and current accounting of current and forecasted expenses per site
- act as owner’s representative to monitor active sites during construction on a regular basis, ensuring any RFIs are appropriately and efficiently communicated and resolved
- Prepare detailed pre‐development schedules for proposed projects and monitor, update and report on schedule from project conception through construction completion and occupancy
- oversee project commissioning, punch list and post-construction services management
- demonstrate leadership and communication skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict
- manage relationships between clients, vendors and employees in a professional manner that exemplifies the mission and values of the KCLB
This position requires a flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented person with significant experience managing multiple single-family home renovations simultaneously.
- proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Project or similar schedule-management software
- detail‐oriented ability to proactively work both independently and collaboratively as part of a larger team
- ability to multitask efficiently with a task‐oriented focus while maintaining a professional, customer‐oriented and collegial attitude
- proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous construction projects on time and budget
- valid driver’s license
- proficiency in estimating tools a plus
- proficiency in design and GIS programs a plus
Interested candidates should submit apply online using the form below.
The KCLB is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate or promote on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship status religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical handicap, veteran, or marital status. Women and persons of color are encouraged to apply.