Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the past 19 years, Mike has been responsible for the development of several thousand units of affordable housing including single-family homes and large-scale mixed-use/mixed-income projects along the Eastern Seaboard, including in the Hudson Valley.
Mike and his wife Erin live in Kingston.
Accounting Manager: email@example.com
A Woodstock resident, Stacy is a Certified Public Accountant with decades of experience supporting various for-profit and nonprofit organizations. In addition to overseeing the accounting functions of the KCLB, Stacy also works with the Treasurer to maintain internal controls, annual audit and financial reporting. Stacy has also served as Treasurer of the Woodstock Artists Association and Museum and Ravensbeard Wildlife Center.
Construction Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Owen O’Connor brings tremendous construction experience and expertise to the KCLB. Prior to joining in 2020, Owen was the principal of a local home energy company, conducting home energy audits and doing insulation work and energy upgrades. For the past five years, Owen has worked as a general contractor focused on super energy-efficient residential construction. A lifelong resident of the Hudson Valley, Owen lives in Kingston with his family.
Real Estate Project Manager: email@example.com
Kyle has over five years of real estate analysis and project management experience, having overseen the origination of over $1 billion in investments in a variety of asset types across the country. In 2021 he received a Masters in Urban Planning degree from the Harvard Graduate School of Design, where he focused on housing and alternative financing strategies.
- Steve Noble, Mayor, City of Kingston and Ex-Officio Member: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor Steve Noble was born and raised in the City of Kingston. He attended the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry, graduating with a degree in Environmental Science in 2004. He then returned to Kingston and began his ten year career at the City of Kingston’s Parks and Recreation Department, serving as an Environmental Educator and then as an Environmental Operations Specialist. During his tenure with the department, he secured millions of dollars in grant funding to implement single stream recycling in Kingston, to support infrastructure and transportation projects, and to develop and sustain innovative youth programming, including the area’s premier environmental education programs. Steve left the department when he was elected Mayor of Kingston and began his term on January 1, 2016, with the commitment of building an open and accessible form of government, one that is based on the principles of professionalism, respect, and inclusiveness. Steve’s commitment to public service extends beyond his career with the City of Kingston; he has held leadership positions with the Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency, Environmental Management Council, and the Hudson River Estuary Management Committee, and is the co-founder of the Kingston Land Trust.
- Board Chair: Daniel Kanter: email@example.com
- After purchasing a derelict home in Midtown, Daniel has called Kingston home since 2013. He was appointed to the founding Board of Directors to the Kingston City Land Bank in 2018, and has been the board’s Chair since that time. Working primarily as a design/build contractor—and knowing firsthand the life-changing affects of homeownership—Daniel is passionate about helping others in the community achieve safe, stable, and thoughtfully designed homes that will stand the test of time and contribute positively to the historic fabric of Kingston. He is also Chair of the Design Committee, and is a member of the Acquisition/Construction/Disposition and Fundraising committees. He has two dogs, Mekko and Bungee.
- Vice Chair: Bob Dennison: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert is a retired civil engineer and longtime Kingston resident. He spent over 40 years in public service, retiring from the position of Chief Engineer/ Assistant Commissioner for New York State Department of Transportation in 2011. Presently he is also the Chair of the City of Kingston Complete Streets Advisory Council.
- Secretary: Bartek Starodaj: email@example.com
- Bartek is the Director of Housing Initiatives for the City of Kingston. He is also a founding board member of the Kingston City Land Bank. Bartek has served as the Board Secretary for three years. In this capacity, he helps ensure that the organization’s activities live up to its mission to expand housing accessibility for Kingston’s citizens, and that its programs reach a diversity of households that are currently underrepresented among the city’s homeowners. Prior to joining the City of Kingston, Bartek was the lead account manager for two local marketing agencies. He also served on the German Marshall Fund’s Urban and Regional Policy team fostering transatlantic development initiatives for major U.S. and European cities. Bartek lives in Kingston with his wife and two young children, and is a native Polish speaker.
- Treasurer: Nate Hennagin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nate Hennagin is a Legal Counsel at Amazon Studios, where he represents and advises the studio on labor relations matters in all stages of development, production, and distribution of film and television. Before joining Amazon Studios, Nate was a Legal Counsel for the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA), the entertainment industry’s largest labor union. He is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School and George Washington University. With a passion for community action and historic preservation, Nate is eager to work with the KCLB to help others realize the dream of home ownership, while also preserving and revitalizing Kingston’s historic character. He lives in Kingston with his wife, Rachel.
- Aron Chilewich: email@example.com
- Aron is a writer and urban planner who lives in Kingston. He works as a project manager focused on multifamily housing at Neighborhood Restore, a nonprofit that stabilizes physically and financially distressed properties across New York City. He holds an MFA in Poetry from Brooklyn College and a Masters in Urban Planning from Harvard University. In his spare time, he mountain bikes, experiments with fermentation, and takes long walks throughout Kingston.
- Xristina Bichay: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xristina was raised in a small bartering village in Greece and that experience began her love of supportive community living. Xristina received her MSW in International Social Work and Programming at Columbia University and has strong roots in community engagement and development, both nationally and internationally. She was the Clinical Director of multiple homeless and mental health shelters in NY throughout the past two decades where she advocated for affordable and safe housing. Xristina now focuses primarily on her private practice work as a local psychotherapist in Kingson. She is excited to join the KCLB and take part in giving new life to forgotten homes and championing accessible and high quality home ownership for all. Xristina lives in Kingston with her husband Keith, and their cat Meryl.
- Ethel Knox: email@example.com
- Compassion and serving others brings Ethel much joy and purpose. Ethel pastors a multi-cultural, non-denominational Church in the City of Kingston. She holds a Bachelors degree in Sociology with a concentration in Human Services, and a minor in black studies from SUNY New Paltz. She also holds a Masters Degree in Theology. Ethel has been employed by Greystone Programs, Inc. for 25 years as an Assistant Director of Residential, in which she has participated in the vision and mission statement development of the organization, as well as the yearly strategic planning.
- Acquisition, Disposition and Construction: Bob Dennison (Chair), Daniel Kanter, Aron Chilewich, Xristina Bichay
- Governance: Bob Dennison, Ethel Knox, Xristina Bichay
- Communications, Community Engagement and Fundraising: Aron Chilewich (Chair), Daniel Kanter, Ethel Knox, Bartek Starodaj
- Finance & Audit: Nate Hennagin (Chair), Aron Chilewich, Ethel Knox
- Design Committee: Daniel Kanter (Chair), Nate Hennagin, Xristina Bichay
Common Council Liaison
- Naimah Muhammad, City of Kingston Aldermember, Fifth Ward: firstname.lastname@example.org